Many hats, many clients–the role has always been to create or improve whatever lands on my plate. Whether that is a creative brief, a design brief, an end card, a logo, bespoke type, a deck, a poster, a film, a website, a billboard, a 360˚ video, or an installation.
Senior Interactive/Motion Designer
TBWA Chiat Day
2008 – 2010
• Learned After Effects very well and started the motion group at chiat.
• Responsible for overseeing quality of all digital rich media and OOH design, specifically motion.
• Involved in some pitch work and brainstorming.
2006 – 2008
• Learned how to take something from the creative department and make it better.
• Learned to code in actionScript, design for interactivity, and honed my skills as an animator.
• Learned that restrictions can be a nuisance, but also make you more creative problem solver.
2005 – 2006
• Learned that project managers and producers are really important to a smooth production process.
• Responsible for concept through delivery of web and print executions.
• Working closely with creative director Tom Tor, i learned how to properly present work to clients.
2001 – 2005
• Learned how to be hungry for work, getting my hands on anything and everything that i could.
• Main longstanding clients were Evox Photography (automotive) and West Indian Girl (Virgin/Astralwerks).
• Worked as a freelance interactive art director at LA agencies such as Deutsch, JWT, Dailey&Assc.,etc.
1999 – 2001
• Learned Photoshop very well and then taught myself Flash.
• Made a lot of key relationships that would turn out to be crucial to surviving the early freelance years.